Stop Microsoft Outlook Security Alerts When Using ToodledoSync to Sync Toodledo.com To-Do List With Outlook
If you are using ToodledoSync, provided by Chromatic Dragon, to synchornize your Toodledo.com To-Do list then you are probably getting popup error messages that look similar to the below.
Outlook Security Alert Caused By ToodledoSync Image:
Outlook Security Alert Text: A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up to date.
Follow the directions below to better manage Outlook Security alerts:
- Download Advanced Security for Outlook: Download the third party add-in for Outlook called Advanced Security for Outlook here.
- Unpack and Install: The file you downloaded should be named security_outlook.zip. Locate that zip file on your hard drive and unpack the contents to a temporary folder. Once the files have been extracted double click on the setup.exe. Follow the on screen instructions to finish the installation.
- Restart Outlook: If Outlook is running restart it and if Outlook has not been running launch it now. When launched a pop up message with confirm the new Advanced Security for Outlook add-in.
- Sync Toodledo: From the Toodledo Outlook Sync issue the “Manual Sync” command to trigger the Outlook security alerts. This time however a new window will appear as shown below.
As you can see above the new window is from the Advanced Security for Outlook plugin and will allow you to “Allow Access” to this action forever. You will need to allow access to multiple files/processes to cover each of the Toodledo Outlook Sync actions but once you allow each action once you will not have to do it again. The great thing about this add-in is it does not make Outlook any less secure and if at any time you want to modify the actions you have already allowed access to you can do so by modifying the actions in the “View Actions List” configuration window.
- Repeat Allow Action Access: Repeat step 4 for each of the warnings that pops up during the Toodledo sync.
- Manual Sync Toodledo: Once the first sync has finished modoify something in your Outlook task list or on the Toodledo.com web site and issue the Manual Sync command again. This time it should succeed without any warnings.
If at any time you want to disable Advanced Security for Outlook simply click on Tools in the Outlook navigation and select Trust Center to launch the Outlook Trust Center configuration window. Click on Add-ins in the left navigation menu, select COM Add-ins from the drop down menu at the bottom of the Trust Center configuration window, and cick the Go button. The pop up configuration window will look like the below.
To disable Advanced Security for Outlook uncheck the box in the COM Add-ins Configuration window and click the OK button. To enable this COM Add-in again just come back to this configuration window, replace the check mark into the box, and click the OK button.