Posted by alex in Insights
When setting up Redmine as a project management system you might run into an issue after configuring the SVN repository for a project. If the SVN project already exists and there are a bunch of commits typically when browsing to the repository for the first time it will time out. Usually when it does time out it will display in your browser as a 503 error. Below I discuss configuring the SVN repository and then running a rake task to resolve the browser time out issue.
First lets set up the SVN repository following the directions below.
- Open Redmine Project: After you have created a Redmine project that the SVN repository will belong to browse to that project in a browser.
Read the rest of this entry »
, project management
4 Comments »
I’ve been using Firefox add-ons for years now and now dwindled down to the ones I used most often:
- ColorZilla (grab color from any web site)
- Ctrl-Tab (thumbnails of all open tabs – kinda slow when you have a bunch of tabs open)
- Drag & Drop.io (very convenient file sharing)
- Firebug (makes CSS infinitely easier to work with)
- GMail Manager (quickly switch between Gmail accounts without authenticating every time)
- HTTPFox (makes debugging HTTP request/response cycles easy)
- GooglePreview (thumbnail previews of Google results)
- Screen grab! (can grab entire web page, visible area, or just a portion)
- StumbleUpon (tons of interesting sites based on your interests, a nice break from work when i need a few minutes)
- Web Developer (complements Firebug very well – though not using it much for anything at the moment)
, gmail manager
, HTTP Fox
, screen grab
, web developer
No Comments »