Upgrade Opera Mini On BlackBerry 8320 Curve With BlackBerry Desktop Manager
Updating Opera Mini on your BlackBerry mobile device is easy following the simple steps below.
- Visit Opera Mini Web Site: On your desktop open http://www.opera.com/mini in a browser.
- Start Download Process: Click on the green Download Now button that is shown in the image below.
- Choose Device: Select your model from the list of mobile devices as shown below.
- Choose Model:Now select the model of your mobile device as shown below. Verify the picture out to the right of the list of models is your device. In this example we are downloading Opera Mini 4.2 for the BlackBerry 8300 Curve as shown in the image below.
- Verify Language and Download: As shown below the language should default to your default language but verify it is the correct language and click the link below the language drop down.
This will start the download of Opera Mini which is around 1MB so it should be really quick.
- Unpack Opera Mini:Now make sure you are in a folder where you can store your BlackBerry applications and remember the path to this folder. Unzip the Opera Mini download.
- Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager:Start up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager which looks like the below and then click on Application Loader once things have synced.
- Start Application Update: On the first screen of the Application Loader you will have two options to either install new applications or to update the current applications as shown below.
Once you click the Start button under “Update Applications” the below screen will appear after the Desktop Manager reads the Application Configuration and then checks for updates.
It will look like there are no updates for your device but don’t worry we are going to point the Application Loader to the correct software to update Opera Mini.
- Click Advanced/Then Browse:Click the Advanced button which will open a new window that shows all of the software on the device. In the new window there will also be a button labeled Browse that we are going to click on and then browse to the folder with the files we unpacked earlier. The file we are looking for has a .alx ending and should begin with the letters “oper” and will look like the image below.
When you select the file it will verify it and add it to the software update list. Notice in the image below how the Opera software package shows Update in the next column which means its recognizes the upgrade we are attempting. Make sure that is the only piece of software that you are upgrading and or installing if that is all you want to do.
- Complete the Upgrade:Now click the next button. You will have to confirm a warning that says you are about to upgarde software. Agree by clicking the Finish button and the upgrade begins. The upgrade process is going to look like the below image.
Verify the upgrade was successful by launching Opera Mini and checking the About screen.