How to Merge Multiple Excel Fields Together, Merge Excel Cells Together
Its fairly easy to merge Microsoft Excel fields together but you have to be aware of formulas and then with how to pull that data out of the formula to save it on its own. I used this to merge title, first name, and last name together. Follow the directions below and you should have no problems merging Excel fields together.
1. New Column: Add the below formula to a new column.
=CONCATENATE(A1,” “,B1,” “,C1)
2. Highlight and Copy: Now highlight all cells in the D column and click “Edit >> Copy”.
3. Paste: Now paste the copied cells into either a new document or a new column. We will be stripping out the formula so we only have the data by using “Paste Special”. So click “Edit >> Paste Special”.
4. Choose Options: Make sure to choose “Values” and then click “OK”.
5. Verify: The new column should now have the contents of the merged cells without the formula. You can verify this by highlighting the first field in the new column and verifying there is no formula showing.
Now you can save the spreadsheet or copy that column and paste into a new spreadsheet with the merged fields.